Recent Posts

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Old Car Festival

The Old Car Festival is coming up this weekend at Greenfield Village in Dearborn, Michigan. For as long as I've had the panel truck, the past two or three years, I've been signed up to show it at Greenfield Village. Every year something happens to thwart my intentions. Most often it's that I have books due in September, and I am spending every waking hour writing.

This year is different... hopefully. This summer we worked on the steering, and it seems to be fine. The gas gauge no longer leaks (at least I think it's fixed—still need to fill er up to make sure). And I changed out the battery for a new one. We started it up last weekend and took it out for a little pampering at the car wash.

On Labor Day morning, however, my dad and I were taking it to my uncle's garage so that we could caravan over to Dearborn on Saturday morning with other drivers. About fifteen miles into the trip, the car stalls on the expressway. We ended up getting it towed to the aforementioned garage, and I've been told it's whatever might be wrong is an easy fix and the truck will be ready for Saturday.

Today my dad and uncle swapped out the distributor and put in a new condenser. It kills me to be here at work and not helping, but hopefully I can glean some info about the process and add it to my inventory of "stuff I know about Model A's."

0 comments:

Post a Comment